What is the Paleo Diet or the Primal Diet, Caveman Diet, Hunter-Gatherer Diet, Stone Age Diet, etc? Basically it is a diet that our ancestors would have consumed up to approximately 10,000 years ago, before the advent of agriculture. Modern day followers shun grains, legumes, refined sugar, dairy, and highly processed vegetable oils. That leaves us with meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, fruit, nuts, and seeds. As with any “diet” there are many variations, some include dairy, coffee, diet soda, small amounts of grains, and processed foods. This diet is a low to moderate card diet. By forgoing the modern processed foods, you can lose weight reduce heart disease, diabetes, and other diseases of affluence. My version of Paleo will include meat, fish, vegetables, small amounts nuts, seeds, and fruit, some dairy, coffee, and unsweetened tea. When I can find and afford it, I will eat grass fed meat and dairy, organic vegetables and fruit. From time to time, I might decide to cheat a little. Most people will attempt this diet for weight loss. Because of this I will update my body weight, BMI, body fat %, and fitness routine on a monthly basis. Next time we will discuss fitness and “chronic cardio”.
- RT @TheOnion: Climatologists Say Humanity’s Best Hope Is Hurricanes Spinning In Different Directions And Canceling Each Other Out https://t… 1 day ago
- RT @ThePunnyWorld: https://t.co/j7ndQX5Xic 1 day ago
- #Privilege - getting up every morning and doing shit that makes you successful, not wallowing in self pity blaming others for your failures. 2 days ago
- 3-2-1 Go. Wait... don't this...EVER. twitter.com/fox32news/stat… 2 days ago
- RT @WilCoSheriffPIO: RM 2243 is shut down both directions just West of Escalera Pkwy. https://t.co/xhI1zDR1Td 2 days ago
- 19,533 hits