What is the Paleo Diet or the Primal Diet, Caveman Diet, Hunter-Gatherer Diet, Stone Age Diet, etc? Basically it is a diet that our ancestors would have consumed up to approximately 10,000 years ago, before the advent of agriculture. Modern day followers shun grains, legumes, refined sugar, dairy, and highly processed vegetable oils. That leaves us with meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, fruit, nuts, and seeds. As with any “diet” there are many variations, some include dairy, coffee, diet soda, small amounts of grains, and processed foods. This diet is a low to moderate card diet. By forgoing the modern processed foods, you can lose weight reduce heart disease, diabetes, and other diseases of affluence. My version of Paleo will include meat, fish, vegetables, small amounts nuts, seeds, and fruit, some dairy, coffee, and unsweetened tea. When I can find and afford it, I will eat grass fed meat and dairy, organic vegetables and fruit. From time to time, I might decide to cheat a little. Most people will attempt this diet for weight loss. Because of this I will update my body weight, BMI, body fat %, and fitness routine on a monthly basis. Next time we will discuss fitness and “chronic cardio”.
- RT @AmykRd: For Exercise, Nothing Like the Great Outdoors nyti.ms/2tkfK78 43 minutes ago
- RT @NewtTrump: In the past month, CNN: ✅Beheaded Trump ✅Staged a protest ✅Fired 3 journalists for Fake News ✅Admitted they're Fake News CN… 1 hour ago
- RT @RT_com: CapPOOccino: Fecal bacteria found in drinks sold by UK’s top three coffee chains on.rt.com/8gb8 https://t.co/JLU8yQeTj4 2 hours ago
- RT @KVUE: Amber Alert issued for 22-month-old from Galena Park: kvue.tv/2tVzmwD 15 hours ago
- Come on Germany step up and stop the madness. The elite are trying to turn 1st world countries into 3rd world shith… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 17 hours ago
- 19,489 hits